Saturday, October 2, 2010
On Thursday, September 30, 2010, at approximately 12:40 noon, two black males wearing masks entered the Chase Bank, located at 1250 Tech Drive, Norcross, Georgia. Customers were forced to the floor while one of the robbers stood by with a long weapon/machine pistol type firearm. The other robber approached the teller station and demanded money. The robbers did not, however, obtain any money and were observed departing in a gold colored Kia Spectra, recovered by law enforcement officers in an area behind the victim bank. The vehicle had been reported stolen in Dekalb County, Georgia on September 29, 2010.
As a result of today’s robbery, Wells Fargo has authorized a reward of up to $25,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the individuals responsible for these takeover robberies.
The robbers are described as follows:
* Robber #1 is described as a Black male, 20-30 years in age, 5’8”-5’10” tall
* Robber #2 is described as a Black male, 20-25 years in age. 6’0” tall
The driver of the vehicle was also described as being a black male.
Prior similar area robberies include:
* 7/27/10—Wachovia, Clairmont Rd, Atlanta/Dekalb County, GA. Two black males, wigs, guns, takeover style; 10:44 a.m.
* 7/30/10—Chase Bank, 5552 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Dunwoody, GA. Four males entered the bank, demanded money; two of the males were armed with pistols, and a third was armed with an assault rifle; described as black males, wearing dark clothing and ski masks; ranged in height from 5’5” – 5’10” tall; 10:15 a.m.
* 8/16 /10—Wachovia Bank, 3374 Holcomb Bridge Rd., (Holcomb Corners) Norcross, GA. Two black males, wearing wigs, displaying guns, take-over style robbery; 10:20 a.m.
* 8/20/10—Chase Bank, 1050 E. Piedmont Rd. (Piedmont Commons), Marietta, GA. Two black males, armed takeover-style robbery, wearing masks, no wigs; 1:11 p.m.
* 8/25/10—Wachovia Bank, 1280 Dogwood Rd, Conyers, GA. Two black males, wearing wigs, displaying guns, takeover robbery; 10:43 a.m.
* 8/26/10 – BB&T, Covington, GA. One black male, takeover-style robbery, stolen silver Lexus recovered.
* 8/27/10—Chase Bank, 2079 S. Hairston Rd. (Hairston Crossing) Decatur, GA. Two black males, guns displayed, takeover-style robbery, no wigs; 10:15 a.m.
* 9/8/10—Wachovia Bank, located at 3520 Centerville Highway, Snellville, Georgia
Anyone with information regarding this matter should contact the Atlanta office FBI at tel. (404) 679-9000.
Community News You Can Use
Click to read MORE news:
Twitter: @gafrontpage & @TheGATable @HookedonHistory
Twitter: @artsacrossga, @softnblue, @RimbomboAAG